Elections Postponed Again
The National Assembly elections have been postponed for the second time in 48 hours.
The elections, which were due to be held on Monday 4th April, have now been shifted to Saturday April 9th after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) caved into pressure from the political parties.
All the other elections have also been moved back a week. The presidential elections will now hold on Saturday April 16th. The gubernatorial elections will hold on Tuesday 26th April because the 22nd falls during the weekend of Easter.
The announcement was made this evening after INEC met with political party leaders. In a statement, Mr. Jega said the commission had been "advised" to move the dates again in order to meet with all the outstanding issues. He revealed that about 15 million people had already voted before news of yesterday's postponement came through and again appealed to voters to bear with them as the situation is sorted out.
- Tonto Dikeh and Mikel Obi Secret Wedding? Photo
- Watch Video of Four Uniport Students Killed and Burnt For Allegedly Stealing Laptops
- Wizkid Arrested For Drugs?
- Video Mix: My Oga At The Top - Dj Ziggy ft NSCDC
- JAMB Releases 2012 Results. Only Three Scores Above 300