Pat Utomi Withdraws From Presidential Race
Pat Utomi, presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Mega Party (SDMP) has withdrawn from the 2011 election to be held on April 9. Utomi said in a telephone interview with BusinessDay today, that under the current system it was impossible for the opposition to defeat the incumbent, noting that it was impossible for democracy to work in a situation where state capture is complete as is the case in Nigeria at the moment.
“It is easy for a group of people, drug barons, armed robbers, etc to do anything necessary to win election. Once they get into office even if they are removed by the court after six months, they use state resources to make it impossible for opponents to defeat them,” he said.
All information posted on this site should not be taken as an official media report, but as a "mere gossip" which is subject to being partially true. But as the saying goes......"There is an atom of truth in every story".
- Tonto Dikeh and Mikel Obi Secret Wedding? Photo
- Watch Video of Four Uniport Students Killed and Burnt For Allegedly Stealing Laptops
- Wizkid Arrested For Drugs?
- Video Mix: My Oga At The Top - Dj Ziggy ft NSCDC
- JAMB Releases 2012 Results. Only Three Scores Above 300