Cristiano Ronaldo Finally Beats Messi To Win FIFA Ballon d'Or
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has claimed the FIFA Ballon d'Or, fending off competition from Barcelona's Lionel Messi and Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery to secure the award for a second time.
Although the 28-year-old Portuguese failed to claim a major trophy at club level, he has been crowned the world's outstanding footballer over the course of the last 12 months.
Messi had won each of the last four editions of the award, including all three since it was endorsed by FIFA, while Ribery played a pivotal role in a historic treble-winning season for the Bavarians, but Ronaldo's tally of 66 goals in 56 games in 2013 proved decisive.
- Tonto Dikeh and Mikel Obi Secret Wedding? Photo
- Watch Video of Four Uniport Students Killed and Burnt For Allegedly Stealing Laptops
- Wizkid Arrested For Drugs?
- Video Mix: My Oga At The Top - Dj Ziggy ft NSCDC
- JAMB Releases 2012 Results. Only Three Scores Above 300