Plane Carrying Late Agagu's Body Crashes In Lagos. Killing Over 20 Passengers
An aircraft with the body of a former Governor of Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Agagu, on board, crashed in Lagos on Thursday morning less than a minute after take-off from the local wing of the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Ikeja.
The EMBRA plane 120, with other 20 passengers on board, was conveying the body of the former governor, who died a week ago, to Akure, the state capital, for the final burial ceremonies.
The 30-seat plane, belonging to Associated Airlines, was said to have crashed around 9.20am immediately after take-off into the compound of a private firm, around the MMIA access gate.
Residents around the area told our corespondent that the plane exploded mid-air before coming down.
Unconfirmed reports said the late Agagu’s son, Feyi, was among the crash victims. The identities of the other victims of the crash could not be ascertained as of press time.
- Tonto Dikeh and Mikel Obi Secret Wedding? Photo
- Watch Video of Four Uniport Students Killed and Burnt For Allegedly Stealing Laptops
- Wizkid Arrested For Drugs?
- Video Mix: My Oga At The Top - Dj Ziggy ft NSCDC
- JAMB Releases 2012 Results. Only Three Scores Above 300