Riot Breaks Out Between Hausas And Igbos In Onitsha
Unconfirmed news reaching Amebortalk.com is saying that there is a serious riot going on between Hausa traders and Igbo residents in Onitsha, Anambra State.
This fight was said to have started this afternoon, when a police man stopped a commercial bus driver. The police was said to have been hitting the driver’s bus with his AK47 riffle – and it then got stuck in the bus. As the police officer struggled to retrieve his riffle, the driver of the bus pulled away with his vehicle dragging the police officer in the process. The police officer’s partner, upon sighting his partner being dragged, fired his riffle and shot the driver dead instantly.
The vexation here is that the police men were hausa men, and the driver was an Igbo man. The people around were now chanting "Dem dey mad....dem dey craze"....that was it...riot don start.
The Igbo residents now channeled their anger to all hausa men in the area, even the ones selling onions and sugarcane.
More reports coming soon.
- Tonto Dikeh and Mikel Obi Secret Wedding? Photo
- Watch Video of Four Uniport Students Killed and Burnt For Allegedly Stealing Laptops
- Wizkid Arrested For Drugs?
- Video Mix: My Oga At The Top - Dj Ziggy ft NSCDC
- JAMB Releases 2012 Results. Only Three Scores Above 300