Two Explosions Hits Jonathan's Home City Yenagoa
There has been a report of two explosions in Yenagoa. Bayelsa State early this morning. Yenagoa is the capital city of President Goodluck Jonathan home State.
These explosions were confirmed by the Governor's office and the military.
A statement from the Governor Timipre Sylva's office says: “Governor Timipre Sylva has just been informed of two explosions that rocked parts of Yenagoa, the Bayelsa state capital, late Friday night.”
Also a spokesman for the military task force, Lieutenant Colonel Timothy Antigha added saying: “The (joint task force) confirms that there were dynamite explosions in certain parts of Yenagoa city yesterday. However, there was no casualty.”
Some say this is not an act of Boko Haram, but may be tension fever erupting from the upcoming February 11 governorship election. But its rather fishy to be having an election related bomb explosion few hours after the coordinated 20 bomb explosions in Kano. Make dem talk true......make we run?
- Tonto Dikeh and Mikel Obi Secret Wedding? Photo
- Watch Video of Four Uniport Students Killed and Burnt For Allegedly Stealing Laptops
- Wizkid Arrested For Drugs?
- Video Mix: My Oga At The Top - Dj Ziggy ft NSCDC
- JAMB Releases 2012 Results. Only Three Scores Above 300