Edo Youths Condemn Attack On Muslims In Benin
The youths in Edo, under the umbrella of Edo Youths Coalition has just released a statement condemning the attack on muslims and their properties yesterday during the nationwide fuel subsidy removal protest.
The statement reads...
EYC condemn unequivocally the killings, maiming and burning of innocent people and their properties in Edo State under the guise of protest against the removal of fuel subsidy. We strongly feel that this conduct is barbaric, rancorous, criminal and unacceptable from a civilised society. Above all, it does not yield any GOOD fruit; it will only fuel hatred, revenge and anarchy in Edo State and Nigeria.
This despicable incidences and conducts beg the following questions:
• What has the removal of fuel subsidy got to do with killings of innocent Muslims or Hausas in Edo State?
• How will the burning of mosques or business premises belonging to the Hausas alleviate poverty in Edo State?
• What has the innocent law abiding citizens got to do with Federal Government policy?
• What has the burning of UNIBEN gate got to do with fuel subsidy?
These are misplaced aggressions, which must be condemned, denounced and rebuked by all law abiding citizens. Those who indulged in this acts are ill-informed and has brought the good name of Edo people in disrepute.
EYC also feels that the Nigeria Police Force and Edo State Government have failed in their collective duty to safeguard lives and properties in Edo State. In our view, the government should have taken all necessary steps and contingencies to anticipate, protect and secure all possible hotspots prior to today’s protest. We call on the Edo State House of Assembly to subpoena the State Police Command and Edo State Government to an emergency committee session to explain this dismal security breach and failure in our dear state.
EYC share the frustrations of millions of poor and underprivileged people in our state and country. We fully support the fundamental rights for a peaceful protest against unpopular government policy and measure. However, we are also duty bound to condemn unambiguously the unfortunate criminal acts which took place in Benin City today.
Incidence like this creates the necessity to have CCTV cameras at strategic locations throughout our state to help in the policing and maintenance of law and order. The law enforcement agencies must do all in their power to ensure that the culprits are found and subjected to the full weight of the law.
Long Live Edo Youth Congress
Long Live Edo State
Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Public Relation TEAM
- Tonto Dikeh and Mikel Obi Secret Wedding? Photo
- Watch Video of Four Uniport Students Killed and Burnt For Allegedly Stealing Laptops
- Wizkid Arrested For Drugs?
- Video Mix: My Oga At The Top - Dj Ziggy ft NSCDC
- JAMB Releases 2012 Results. Only Three Scores Above 300